Saturday, March 23, 2013

Time Gone By

Thanks to Hannah for reminding me that this blog is a thing and maybe I should be a bit more devoted to it.

This semester has continued to be one that challenges me and stretches me past where I thought my limits lived.

There is the crazy balance of school, work, practicum, next practicum searching/interviewing, family, and friends.

There is also the constant battle to maintain my sanity. Altering medications and whatnot. Feeling that the old familiar incapacity to get out of bed and the literally gut-wrenching anxiety caused by the thought of social interaction.

There is my maybe-dying, cancer-ridden aunt.

There is the dog next door that doesn't get enough love and that I want to take inside my heart and let her live there and give her treats all day until all she wants to do forever and ever and is lay cuddled next to me in bed.

It's funny how giving is the only thing that seems to fill the hole. How choosing work in a field that is immensely humbling-child abuse and neglect, and next year, childhood cancer is one of the only things that keeps my head above water.

This semester has so far been a constant battle between feeling like a rubber band stretched to capacity and wanting to stay curled in a very small ball in the corner of my bed, willing my body to become one with the mattress and pillows and sink into the softness of it all.

Here's to getting through.

No comments:

Post a Comment